funsec mailing list archives

Re: Still think "climate change" is just an academic curiosity?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:46:09 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:47:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:                   Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>

As long as we still have tea ...

A fair point, but consider: tea, "the beverage that refreshes but does not inebriate,"
is primarily linked to more contemplative pursuits.  It does not fit well with the
infosec lifestyle of constant crises (yes, it *is* spelled that way when it's plural),
grabbing a cup from the pot on the way by, and roiling stomach acid.

No, if coffee goes, I'm afraid that it's Pepsi Max for us, at least until Brazil starts
effectively marketing guarana.  (I discovered Antarctica Diet Guarana at a
conference in Brazil in 2005, and if the secret ever gets out, Coke and Pepsi are in
big trouble.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a
little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who
consider price only are this man's lawful prey.        - John Ruskin
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade