funsec mailing list archives

Re: Will the digital cloud lead to a deluge of privacy class actions?

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:26:07 +0000

I don't own an android device.... yet...  but at least we're not limited to only app store purchases and can put what
we want on a 'droid.
   And windows 8 app store will never be used by me, IF I make the switch to Win8....

This does bring up a good point, that we're quickly loosing the rights to the stuff that we buy.... what happened to
"ownership being 9/10'ths of the law"?  we don't' actually own anything anymore, just purchase the ability to use
something until the "company" decides they don't' want you to use it anymore until you pay them more money....
Blackmail or extortion isn't it?

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772