funsec mailing list archives

Phecal photo forensics

From: Robert Slade <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 14:32:22 -0700

I suppose I really can't let this one ... pass ...

Last weekend a young woman fell to her death while on a tandem hang glider ride with an experienced pilot.  The pilot,
owner of a company that takes people on hang gliding rides for kicks, promises video of the event: the hang glider is
equipped with some kind of boom-mounted camera pointed at the riders.

Somehow the police investigating the incident suspected that the pilot had swallowed the memory card from the video
camera.  (Presumably the video was running, and presumably the pilot knew it would show something unfortunate.)  This
was later confirmed by x-rays.

So, this week we have all been on "memory card movement" watch.

And it has cr... I mean, come out all right.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/04/bc-hang-glider.html

====================== rslade () computercrime org  slade () victoria tc ca  rslade () vcn bc ca "If you do buy a
computer, don't turn it on."     - Richards' 2nd Law ============= for back issues: [Base URL] site
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/ CISSP refs:     [Base URL]mnbksccd.htm Security Dict.: [Base URL]secgloss.htm Book
reviews:   [Base URL]mnbk.htm                 [Base URL]review.htm Partial/recent:
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/ http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://twitter.com/rslade