funsec mailing list archives

Re: Whutt teh fog, man ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:50:50 -0800

Date sent:              Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:31:09 -0500
From:                   Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>

From Cryptologia: "Using Cartoons to Teach Internet Security,"
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01611190701743724 (its
free).

I agree.  "If it was going to work, it would have worked by now" is only valid if
people/corps had made a serious attempt.  Most of the (heavily promoted) sec
awareness stuff that I've seen is pathetic.

(There is one exception: a guy who is running a business selling an ongoing sec
awareness series to businesses.  He creates posters, games, bookmarks and other
giveaways as well as serious papers and presentations, and keeps his stuff up to
date, and addresses new concerns on a monthly basis.  He's making a go of it, but
it's hard slogging.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
You have zero privacy anyway - Get over it.     - Scott McNealy, Sun
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade