funsec mailing list archives

Re: Did the borg start this way?

From: <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:18:47 -0500

I'm sorry, but that is AWESOME!  Think about all the diseases that a microchip can cure... Parkinson's, epilepsy,
Alzhiemers, etc etc....

And OMFG!
"One philosophical question could arise once we'll be able to download a person's whole brain onto a chip and then
implant the chip into someone else's body."

 Wouldn't it be cool to back up your brain?  Sort through the memories and go through them....   oh, think about
cerebral-hackers or cerebral-hijackers!  Change someone's memories to whatever they want....  Full on "total recall"
baby!  "why actually go on vacation when you can simply remember going for a fraction of the cost!"

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772