funsec mailing list archives

Re: GoDaddy fights back against a hacker attack that hit 445 web sites

From: "Thomas J. Raef" <traef () wewatchyourwebsite com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:22:34 -0500

I was thinking the same thing.

I've tested a program called iepv.exe and it allows you to see the saved
password in IE. I'm sure hackers either use that or something very similar
to steal (harvest) account credentials.

Thomas J. Raef

 <http://www.wewatchyourwebsite.com/> We Watch Your Website

"We Watch Your Website - so you don't have to!"

traef () wewatchyourwebsite com

847.728.0214