funsec mailing list archives

Re: Gender? (Y/N)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:29:51 -0400

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:23:15 PDT, Robert Slade said:
etting harder to determine these days, so is gender no longer of any use for authentication?

It's still just as good as any *other* biometric data on the passport.  I may
gain/lose a drastic amount of weight, change hair color/style, or get plastic
surgury to alter my facial appearance.  And I'm more likely to do any of those
things than I am to change which team I play for. But I don't see any big rush
to remove photos from driver's licenses.