funsec mailing list archives

Re: Shaw "service"

From: phester <funsec () armorfirewall com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:09:25 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Robert Slade wrote:

Pointless exercise.  Rowell, who called back, said I was sending spam,
said he didn't say I was sending pam, said they were using a third-party
service (senderbase.org), said he hadn't said they were using a third
party service, said he was trying to help, didn't give any help, said
they couldn't help me, and said that I shouldn't send email for two
days.  He specifically would not let me talk to a supervisor or anyone
who understood what the term "blacklist" meant.

How does it feel to be in a third world country? Comcast has been
providing this service to Americans for a decade.

I'm not sure what the international laws are, but it sure sounds like Shaw
is ripping off Comcast's intellectual property.

My current ISP blocks outgoing SMTP. You have to send mail through them,
or tunnel out.