funsec mailing list archives

Gadi Comixed: A do-it-yourself meme

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 04:49:56 +0200

My friends Asaf Sagi and Yoni Rozenshein decided to create a new meme:
Comic strips of me. They took some embarrassing screenshots from an
interview of mine on TV, added captions, and the results were absolutely
hilarious!

You can check the comic strips made so far, here (careful not to spill
coffee on your keyboard! This is funny):
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=325027&id=552210311&l=674dcbbeb9

Example:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs074.snc6/168462_10150135016310312_552210311_7902116_3674010_n.jpg

But wait, there's more!

This was such a success, that Asaf created a package of pictures which
could be used by anyone to create more of these, which is downloadable
in a zip file, from here:
http://www.chupa660.com/files/gadi.zip

If that was not enough - another friend of mine, Nir, decided that
creating these strips needs to be more accessible, so he created a
(Python) software "package" for it. :)

Automatic Gadi Comix Maker (Python):
http://rapidshare.com/files/446600288/gadi_comix_no_prerequesites.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/446600289/gadi_comix.rar

While this is not the first time people make comic strips about me,
these are just fun! I am almost afraid to see what folks will do with
these, next! ;)

P.S.
The original interview can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6cKlKAFVI0

P.S. 2:
An example of an older, drawn, comic strip of me can be found at
Encyclopedia Dramatica (careful R-rated), here:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Gadi_Evron

        Gadi