funsec mailing list archives

Re: Amazon Web Services blog entry related to Wikileaks

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 08:17:28 -0500

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 01:45:28PM +0200, Juha-Matti Laurio wrote:
Related to recent Wikileaks cases:

http://aws.amazon.com/message/65348/

Translation: "We are spineless cowards who lack the balls to tell
Joe 'McCarthy' Lieberman to pound sand."

I note with interest that nobody there had the courage to affix
their name to that statement.

Quoting:

        "Further, it is not credible that the extraordinary volume of
        250,000 classified documents that WikiLeaks is publishing could
        have been carefully redacted in such a way as to ensure that
        they weren't putting innocent people in jeopardy."

Ah, I see.   So it's okay for Amazon to publish documents [on its various
operations] and to sell documents [in its various stores] which get
lots and lots of people killed for lies (e.g.: the New York Times, which
of course was one of the cheerleaders pushing the 9/11==Iraq bullshit)
but it's not okay if a few get killed for the truth.

---rsk