funsec mailing list archives

Re: only cause i'm frustrated

From: Robert Graham <robert_david_graham () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

I've been to India and toured many call centers. No, they don't multitask, at
least not at reputable companies like Dell or Cisco.

Such multitasking is common in former Soviet countries, where everyone had two
jobs: the theoretical job the government gave them, and their real black-market
job. That attitude persists even today -- people often have side jobs as well as
a main job.

India is different. Managers tightly manage their employees. They must meet
production targets, even though what they are producing are intangibles like
"support calls". Employees have little room to do anything else on the side. The
"shmucks" are not poorly paid -- the wages are relatively high for their
country. Most of these "low-paid shmucks" can afford personal servants at home.

And their command of the English language is excellent. I'd like to point out
the humorous contrast between their excellent English skills and the English in
your rant :-).