funsec mailing list archives

Re: Privacy Police Go Paranoid Against Google

From: Robert Graham <robert_david_graham () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

What I find interesting about this is that the conclusions the audit comes to, and which you come to, are freaking
obvious if you understand anything about "wifi sniffing".

I thought I did a pretty good describing the technical details (http://bit.ly/apd4oM), but it's very much an "eyes
glaze over" post. As soon as people detected a hint of a hex dump, they immediately close the browser. Yet, being able
to visualize a hex dump of what the packets look like goes to the heart of this matter. It's easy to see why Google
cares about the headers of all packets, even when they don't care about the payloads.