funsec mailing list archives

Re: No charges for Qatar diplomat after mid-air bomb scare

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:16:18 -0400

On Apr 8, 2010, at 9:35 AM, Juha-Matti Laurio wrote:
"The Qatari diplomat who caused a midair security scare won't face charges after claiming
he was trying to light his shoes on fire when it appears he was simply smoking in the bathroom."

The most odd part follows:
"When the marshals demanded to know what he was doing, the man identified himself as a diplomat from Qatar and
responded,
perhaps sarcastically, "I'm trying to light my shoes on fire.""

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/qatar-diplomat-charged-bomb-scare/story?id=10317771

Norm: I got a plane full of people saying you threatened that stewardess.
Greg Focker: I was not threatening her. I was just trying to get my bag into the overhead storage thing...
Norm: You were acting like a maniac and you threatened her with a bomb.
Greg Focker: No, I said I didn't have a bomb.
Norm: But you said bomb.
Greg Focker: I said, "It's not like I have a bomb".
Norm: You said "Bomb" on an airplane.
Greg Focker: What's wrong with saying 'Bomb' on an airplane?
Norm: You can't say 'Bomb' on an airplane!
Greg Focker: Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb. You gonna arrest me? Bomb bomb bomb bomb! During the
war I was a BOMBadier!

--
Joel Esler
http://blog.joelesler.net