funsec mailing list archives

Re: [Infowarrior] - China's Great Firewall spreads overseas

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:28:16 +0300 (EEST)

Covered at
http://blogs.csoonline.com/1179/chile_nic_explains_great_firewall_incident

too.

Juha-Matti

Dan Kaminsky [dan () doxpara com] kirjoitti:
Regarding the latter, just because a client receives an "incorrect
answer" doesn't necessarily mean it's what the server ("i-root") was
transmitting.

Ah.  Yes, this is _very_ true.  Any point along the network path could have
been hijacking or corrupting i-root traffic.  Heck, with sufficiently
malicious BGP traffic, the attacker wouldn't even need to be on path.

I think I'm simply going to reserve all judgement until the post-mortem.