funsec mailing list archives

Re: Stupidest social networking idea *EVAH*!

From: Martin Tomasek <tomasek () ufe cz>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:48:44 +0100

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah napsal(a):
Are these people *insane*?  And, if so, how long do they have to be off their
meds before the credit cards are cancelled?

Even if they don't show your credit card number, the pattern of purchases is a
fraudster or ID thief's dream come true.  When you are calling to report a lost
card, or a problem with it, one of the standard questions that you get is about
recent purchases.
Well.. Social sites are designed for invasion into privacy. Show me just
one that don't own every data you post there. Show me just one that is
not selling data to marketing departments.

Funny you mentioned credit cards. What about your current location?
http://www.ipoki.com/

--
Martin Tomasek