funsec mailing list archives

Re: Wired: Pentagon Searches for 'Digital DNA' to Identify Hackers

From: Chris Boyd <cboyd () gizmopartners com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:24:20 -0600

On Jan 27, 2010, at 12:32 PM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:

People leave signatures in attacks.  People leave signatures in the text they write.
People leave signatures in the code they write *and* the executables ultimately
produced.  Lots and lots of signatures.  I wrote a book on it, and didn't even
scratch the surface.  "Digital DNA" may be a stupid term to describe it, but there
are both physiological and behavioral biometrics, and, even when you know them,
the behavioral biometrics turn out to be remarkably hard to change.  And there are
lots of behavioral biometrics you don't know about, believe me.

ooh!  Does this mean you are going to be on the next season of "Criminal Minds"?

:-) Ob FunSec Smiley

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds/

--Chris