funsec mailing list archives

Re: use condoms, that will insure less climate change

From: Robert Graham <robert_david_graham () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:40:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi Boaz, you can easily remove yourself using the web
interface, as advertised in the footer:

Ah, but Firefox gives the warning "This Connection is Untrusted". Apparently the issuer is unknown and it expired March
29, 2008. Maybe he doesn't "Understand the Risks", specifically the suggestion "Don't add an exception unless you know
there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.". Now, this is a list of security people, so
there can't be a good reason why the site doesn't use trusted identification.

Although my sarcasm might not show it, I think expired/self-signed certs are just fine (better than nothing), and that
Firefox is overreacting. I'm just pointing out that security is often a complex and difficult tradeoff.