funsec mailing list archives

Re: Energy Department forced to release photos of trucks used to transport nuclear bombs and components and nuclear weapons materials

From: chris () blask org
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 10/4/09, John C. A. Bambenek, GCIH, CISSP <bambenek.infosec () gmail com> wrote:

They responded to a FOIA, hardly "forced to release".

Well, it is probably fair to assume that they would rather have not released the picture (I rather they hadn't, for
one), so "forced" is probably not an inaccurate term.  Now I hope they quickly repaint those trucks some other color.

But environmentalists wouldn't be prone to exaggeration or
self-glorification...

Probably more accurate to broaden that statement.  "Political activists" as a whole are always enthusiastic about
touting any 'success' they have, and I don't think that is unique to any given extreme.  The political activist group
FOX has gone so far as to create their own 24-hour cable channel for the purpose, as an example...

;~)

-chris