funsec mailing list archives

Re: funsec Image forensics

From: RandallM <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:56:08 -0600

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:44:18 +0100
From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Subject: Re: [funsec] Image forensics
To: "Dr. Neal Krawetz" <hf () hackerfactor com>
Cc: "funsec () linuxbox org" <funsec () linuxbox org>
 delsp=yes

[snip]

What I would like to do is actually give you the hundred images as
described, and receive:

A) The raw output from your tool (identical settings for all files --
if you need multiple settings, multiply them out across all files).
B) Your interpretation of the output

I will then unmask the originals, and changes, and we can calculate
the relative effectiveness of your various approaches.

I've always liked your work, Neal. I mean that, I was a graphics geek
before I was a security geek, and you've done amazing work at the
intersection.  I just think some numbers would make it infinitely
stronger.

What do you think?

On Dec 28, 2009, at 6:13 PM, "Dr. Neal Krawetz" <hf () hackerfactor com>