funsec mailing list archives

Re: McAfee really DOES write new Malware! Wholey Moley!

From: <Blanchard_Michael () emc com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:49:20 -0400

 HI Dave!
    Good to talk to ya!  We've met several times, once I believe was on the Odyssey cruise in Boston Harbor.
   I would have hoped (and figured) that the use of existing malware was the focus of this course.
  But the wording of the course description does pretty much lead one to think otherwise "...have a chance to create a
Trojanhorse,..." and "...what you create..."  I'd certainly change that wording around to say "examine existing
Trojanhorse programs" or something like that as this is getting a little bit of a bad buzz due to the creation aspect
:-(

Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580