funsec mailing list archives

Re: Report: Most Twitter Tweets 'Pointless Babble'

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:34:55 +1200

David M Chess wrote:

Ha, I go "phht" at this "study".  Looks to me like it's mostly a disguised
advert for "Philtro", and heavily weighted toward concluding that "ZOMG
twitter needs filtering!!11!".

Well spotted.

Or, even better, as El Reg noted:

   http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/13/twit_research/

   <<...>>

   The study by Pear Analytics...

   <<...>>

   Philtro's CEO is one Paul Singh, who has a BS from George Mason
   University, and who apparently "likes it when people call him "Mr.
   Metrics.""

   Funnily enough, Pear Analytics' Business Intelligence Expert is
   "Paul Singh (aka "Mr. Metrics")" who also has a BS from George Mason
   University.

   Which if nothing else, suggests that Philtro should be able to spot
   self-promotion.

8-)

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald