funsec mailing list archives

Facebook Blog: Debunking rumors about advertising and photos

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 16:37:39 +0300 (EEST)

From 24th July:

"In the past couple of days, a rumor has begun spreading that claims we have changed our policies for third-party
advertisers and the use of your photos.
These rumors are false, and we have made no such change in our advertising policies.

If you see a Wall post or receive a message with the following language or something similar, it is this false rumor:

    'FACEBOOK has agreed to let third party advertisers use your posted pictures WITHOUT your permission.'"
--clip--

http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=110636457130

Juha-Matti