funsec mailing list archives

Re: CommBank cops sustained online fraud attack

From: quispiam lepidus <quispiam.lepidus () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 23:23:05 +1000

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 11:08 PM, quispiam lepidus
<quispiam.lepidus () gmail com> wrote:
<snip>

Seen many thousands of these over the last 48 hours. Quite a few
variations, including one with a html attachment with a hefty chunk of
obsfucated javascript.

The one with the phone number (I sifted through ~10k commbank phish
and only came up with one unique number) is interesting. I just pinged
the phone number and it's still active, 2 rings then diverted to the
scammers, with the recorded message asking for card details. To
hesitate a guess, i'd say someone in Queensland is going to be
seriously pissed off when they get their next phone bill.

I guessed wrong. A quick google search for the number
(http://www.google.com/search?q=61-730188670) returns one result,
http://www.tollfreeforwarding.com/brisbane-phone-numbers.html