funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft announce most secure OS on the planet

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:44:35 -0400

If they could even GET on the Internet.  (Did/Do they have a TCP
Stack?  I don't think they did...  But I could be wrong...)

There were 3rd party stacks and eventually Microsoft came out with one
(although I think it shimmed off of Netbeui?)

Imagine a Beowulf cluster of those babies (running Linux launched from a
DOS extender).... Actually, then it would get attacked.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com