funsec mailing list archives

Re: Ironic?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:52:21 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Justin Scott wrote:
Discini, Sonny wrote:
Does anyone find it ironic that the same vendors who are selling us
"protection" from e-card spam are the same vendors sending e-Christmas
cards? LOL.

Nope.  Receiving spam and receiving a holiday greeting via e-mail from a
business that I have an established relationship with are so far apart
that I'm surprised someone could even draw a connection.

eg-greeting companies suffer tremendously from abuse by spammers. In fact,
a couple of them will brief us at ISOI 6.

-Justin Scott