funsec mailing list archives

Re: Welsh road sign 'lost' in translation

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 18:41:23 -0000

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:04:03 -0000, Juha-Matti Laurio
<juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> wrote:
they received an automated e-mail written in Welsh that read:
"I am not in the office at the moment. Please send any work to be
translated."

It does make one wonder why in nieflheim a person who's job was to
translate English in to what is effectively a dead language (i.e. Welsh)
was doing only putting his out of the office notification in Welsh...

Then again with a lot of the facsist Welsh I've met it wouldn't surprise
me :-)

dave