funsec mailing list archives

Here's mud in yer risk analysis ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 13:42:36 -0800

Interesting story touching on risk analysis, liability, and the risk from liability.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/2/hi/science/nature/7699672.stm

(Also interesting that they had to get a football referee to moderate ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Sometimes, when we lose ourselves in fear and despair, in routine
and constancy, in hopelessness and tragedy, we can thank God for
Bavarian sugar cookies.  And, fortunately, when there aren't any
cookies, we can still find reassurance in a familiar hand on our
skin, or a kind and loving gesture, or subtle encouragement, or a
loving embrace, or an offer of comfort, not to mention hospital
gurneys and nose plugs, an uneaten Danish, soft-spoken secrets,
and Fender Stratocasters, and maybe the occasional piece of
fiction. And we must remember that all these things, the nuances,
the anomalies, the subtleties, which we assume only accessorize
our days, are effective for a much larger and nobler cause.  They
are here to save our lives.  I know the idea seems strange, but I
also know that it just so happens to be true.
- `Stranger Than Fiction' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420223/quotes
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/