funsec mailing list archives

Re: Swedish court to rule on school lunch fingerprinting

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:49:18 -0400

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:48:57 +0300, Juha-Matti Laurio said:
The system helps the school prevent unauthorized people from eating in the
canteen

If you have unauthorized people getting far enough into the school to snag
a lunch and not be questioned on it, the fact they're snagging a lunch
is far from the biggest problem you have.

and also helps officials plan food purchases and the monthly budget.

Oddly enough, when I went to school, they planned food purchases and the
budget by the simple expedient of *counting the heads*.  If you had between
493 and 512 people go through the line each of the last 5 school days, it's
a good bet you better cook around 500 and a few lunches tomorrow.

If they're too stupid to count that high, I recommend one of these:

http://wildco.com/vw_prdct_mdl.asp?prdct_mdl_cd=182B40

$9 or so.  I'm pretty sure a fingerprint scanner costs more than that.