funsec mailing list archives

Re: anys ocial scientists here?

From: Chris Blask <chris () blask org>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 04:54:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
Research: judge how smart someone is by how many of their
friends send  them the facebook virus

I used to be hugely interested in ocial science, and even started a Ocialogy Club in college.  We had really neat mugs
and T-Shirts (Ocial Scientists make Better Lovers!"), organized action committees, held symposiums on all the top ocial
issues - even got a minor segment in the local TV news show.

But I gave up on it after the first year.  It was tiring being the only person at all the events and having to do both
sides of the rallying cheers.  People were starting to say mean things and would cross the street to avoid passing me
on the sidewalk, and my Dad would always say: "See?!  I said he was a weird kid, and a weird kid he sure as hell is!
Not my damn side of the family, that's for sure..." and passing out in the fruit salad.

-chris