funsec mailing list archives

Truth in 419s?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:54:58 -0800

From: "Mercy" <Mercydiaye () diaye net>
Subject: Request for your assistance.
To: rslade () vcn bc ca
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:18:44 -0500

If you haven't done so already, click to <a href='http://diaye.net/[oh,yeah, I'm
gonna do that - rms].aspx.aspx'>confirm</a> your interest in receiving email
campaigns from us.

Dear Sir.
I am delighted to write to you.My name is Mercy Diaye,I am sorry if this mail will
come to you as an embarrassment or a suprise,I just felt like empting myself to
you,I decided to confide in you,as am faced with total frustration and hardship. My
ernest prayer is that you find this mail in good health and blessings. I am presently
residing in Abidjan,Cote d'Ivoire.I left my country with my father after the death
of my mother during the war in our country and we came here because my father
owned a business here, [etc, etc, sob, sob - rms]
[...]
 We support responsible and ethical email marketing practices. Please know that
we respect your right to be purged from this marketing campaign. Removal from
this email distribution list is automatically enforced by our email delivery system.
Please <a href='http://diaye.net/[long number that undoubtedly verifies my address
- rms].aspx'>click here</a> to start the process for email deletion.

 This correspondence may be a newsletter, press release, solicitation or
advertisement. We encourage and support best practices in responsible email
marketing.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
It's not often that the IT industry can hold up a glass and toast
a gaggle of geese for doing what IT managers, system
administrators, and Supreme Court judges have wanted to do for
years.                 - silicon.com on reports that Canada geese
                         are overrunning Bill Gates' Seattle mansion
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/