funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft: Ask us and we'll kill your ActiveX control

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 21:00:08 +0000 (UTC)

: A lot of vendors should be speaking up here. ;-)  Secunia lists 335
: security advisories that contain the word "ActiveX" in them:
:
:    http://secunia.com/search/?search=activex

OSVDB lists 474.

We had a discussion recently on creating a better tracking system for
ActiveX vulnerabilities, with the desire to list the CLSID as well. This
list would allow administrators to set kill bits on any ActiveX that may
impact their system/network. I opened a dev ticket (#420) yesterday
afternoon to create this system ASAP, with a target of our May 5th
deployment.

If anyone has ideas on how to better improve this system please contact me
on or off list =)

Brian
OSVDB.org