funsec mailing list archives

Re: JavaScript: A Tool, A Weapon

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 13:01:01 -0800

Date sent:              Sat, 05 Jan 2008 08:38:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:                   Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net>

You're the Devil.

Many would agree  :-)  (For interests sake, because I taught JavaScript, or because
of the requirements?  :-)

So you would agree that this issue has reached it's "tolerance
point"?

Certainly seems to on the list.  Of course, tolerance of what, and by whom?
JavaScript is going to be "tolerated" by the masses, regardless of danger, because of
a) ignorance, and b) convenience.

(In regard to other postings asserting that this situation is old and unworthy of
comment, and also in light of the "death" of Netscape, I must admit that I run
three browsers: Netscape (4.8) with JavaScript turned off for the run of websites
that come up in discussions, Firefox with JavaScript enabled for semi-trusted
references, and IE for Windows Update and an extremely few other requirements
that have been thoroughly tested.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
   When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir rapelcgvba.
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm