funsec mailing list archives

Re: LSSU issues annual list of words to be banished

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:46:50 -0500

On Jan 3, 2008 6:30 PM, Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> wrote:
"SAULT STE. MARIE, Mich. -- The wordsmiths at Lake Superior State University are giving back to English speakers
everywhere with their 33rd annual List of Words Banished from the Queen's English for Misuse, Overuse and General
Uselessness.

Dang, I was hoping to see "virtually" in that list... I hate hearing
that "virtually all of $x blah". Either you got 100% or you didn't.
Don't try and make your failure to deploy something to everyone sound
like a success by invoking that over-and-mis-used word..

-JP