funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] UK: Phones Tapped at The Rate of 1,000 a Day

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:35:39 -0800

Date sent:              Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:40:18 +0000
From:                   "Alex Shipp (elist)" <elist-alex () starlabs net>

I presume illegal fly-tippers regularly phone their mates up.

"Hey Jimmy, we're just off to dump some rubbish. Got anything you
want us to throw away for you?"
[...]
Those being bugged include people suspected of illegal fly-tipping as
councils use little known powers to carry out increasingly sophisticated
surveillance to catch offenders.

Well, maybe, but *I* want to know about these "little known powers."  (OK, if
they are "little known," I suppose I've got a hope on that one ...)  What, they
read the aura of the garbage?  Lay hands on it?  Read tea leaves?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
             Windows:  just another pane in the glass
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm