funsec mailing list archives

Re: Former U.S. Cyber Security Czar Calls for 'Closed Internet'

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:57:22 -0400

On 10/2/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

Via The Register.

[snip]

"Another idea that's already been rejected that I think we should look at
again is the idea of a closed internet," [Richard] Clarke said. "Why should
the part of the internet that's connected to the power grid be open?

Better question: why is the power grid connected to the internet?

should that part of the internet that runs nuclear laboratories be open?

Err same question...