funsec mailing list archives

Re: Big Cheers for Qwest

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:47:32 -0400

On 10/2/07, security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org> wrote:

I'm CCing the Qwest media contact listed on their page for kick. Hopefully
Johnna can shed some light on my questions and concerns.

: Qwest would like you to know they've launched some fancy new "Consumer
: Internet Protection."

I wonder if they would notify the owners of an OC12 from Quest if they
detected any "bad traffic". I am not saying I would block solely on
their say so, but it would be nice to supplement the security measures
in place with an external source.

-JP<who bets they use pattern matching and watching eDonkey2000
streams to locate bots :-)>