funsec mailing list archives

Re: cc: "too beautiful not to share"

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:57:22 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 10/10/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

No, I simply refuse to eat my own.

Huh? So, you're proud of every American who ever lived?

Ever been told that if you have nothing nice to say then shut the fuck up?

Yes, usually by American Liberals like you. But, obviously, I don't pay
any heed.

And I find booing to be extremely low-class...undignified.

It's political speech.

Its not speech at all, its an emotional outburst of noise - to be
expected from children and frowned upon by adults.

It's the expression of an opinion. If you don't like it, tough.

You probably see no need for self-control at all, right? You would
have no problem with a crowd of people - including and especially just
a vocal minority of people in a crowd - heckling and yelling down
someone whom you disagree with politically? The likes of Ann Coulter
or Bill OReilly?

I was once sitting in the front row while a politician gave a speech.
Every time he said something I disagreed with, I shook my head.
Eventually, he asked me what it was I disagreed with, so I told him.

Yes. If I disagree with someone, I'm quite likely to tell them so.

I guess the difference between me and you is that even if I disagree
with a position I'll listen to the argument with an open mind - who

There may be additional differences between you and me. If someone says
something really stupid, I'm likely to tell them so. From what you say,
you're too polite to disagree with anyone, as demonstrated by you
frequently in this list. "Shut the fuck up" is a phrase you've used
recently.

knows, I might change my opinion. I would also prefer to leave the
area of someone with whom I disagree with or dislike rather than make
a scene, and thereby an ass of myself.

 ... except on this list, of course.