funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Nevada Law Mandates Encryption of Electronically-Transmi tted Personal Information

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:07:47 -0500

On 10/8/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

- -- "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

How about disallowing the use of a fax machine to transmit personal
information? Too low-tech of a solution for you?

Well, I'm sure there's a bunch of people who would be upset that
they can no longer fax copies of their expense report receipts
any more. :-)

- - ferg

Well I e-mail my receipts, but then my expense report receipts aren't
generally considered PHI (nor are they protected by SOX, DITSCAP,
etc.)...