funsec mailing list archives

Re: 1/2 OT - it is fun...

From: "Kurt Grutzmacher" <grutz () jingojango net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:05:26 -0800

On Nov 30, 2007 6:47 AM, John Payne <john () sackheads org> wrote:

I can't remember if you're one of the Boston area folk on this list.

If you are, start paying attention to beer festival lists.   I've
drunk a decent amount of Utopia for "FREE" at Extreme 2 years ago or
some such.

It reminded me more of a single malt than brandy, but it's been
several years since I've had either.

From their flash website:

"Due to legal restrictions, Samuel Adams Utopias is not offered in the
states of Alabama, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Missouri, New Hampshire, North
Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Washington, or West Virginia."

You can find it on eBay at double the cost or locally. It's illegal to ship
beer via USPS. FedEx and UPS are ok but some state laws may come into play.
Of course sending a bottle or two probably isn't going to get you into big
trouble:

http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?showtopic=78974&pid=929176&st=0&#entry929176

Not sure if this is worth $120. A single malt-like beer. How will this thing
taste after sitting on a shelf for a year or two?