funsec mailing list archives

Re: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed the Declarationof Independence ?

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:38:02 -0400

On 7/4/07, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

- -- "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com> wrote:

>Alas, it is not the complete story
>
>http://www.snopes.com/history/american/pricepaid.asp

Thanks for that!

And a big hearty thanks to you for not forgetting  to send us some
lies when you got bored there Fergie, or are you just trying to keep
us on our toes then? ;-)

One thing that isn't on Snopes is the Redneck Independence Day
celebrated on the 3rd of July in the more scary regions of the Deep
South. Kennesaw, GA has the largest that I know of, lighting off
fireworks one day early in denial of the fact that the south lost the
war. Apparently they don't want to celebrate "the north's independence
day" and still mutter about marching into Washington and kicking ass
to this very day (which is the only sentiment I share in common with
these folks;).

Happy 3rd/4th wherever you are

-JP<on this one day, we reserve the right to blow ourselves up>