funsec mailing list archives

Re: Boy, 10, gets locked in gun safe at Sam's Club

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:47:54 -0500

On 8/14/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:00:04 CDT, Brian Loe said:

Let me ask you, is that manager supposed to allow for a certain amount
of damage done to his store by maladjusted teens? I mean, is the
manager/store supposed to pay for product that some kid breaks? Is he
suppose to "allow for" that kind of incident and budget accordingly?

Yes, they *do* allow for it,

No, they don't. The description I gave was not of anonymous losses,
but of known responsible parties.

Remember - the world is as it is, not as you would like it to be.

Gee, where would I be without you. Its absolutely amazing that I have
made it this far in life without such guidance.

Oh, a HANDLE INSIDE the safe, which would somehow over-ride the lock
on the outside of the safe allowing it to turn and open.

Well, *duh*. Where did you *think* it was going to be, on the *outside*?
That would be stupid.

That would be. Once again, thank you.

You've responded to all of my points, as expected. I feel corrected.

<I'll let you know ahead of time that I am, again, joking>