funsec mailing list archives

RE: Editorial: ICANN's WHOIS Policy Shift Would Be CriminalN egligence

From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:51:53 -0400

Why does whois privacy make domain tasting any more undesirable? Tasting
needs to be stopped in any event. People who engage in it do so with the
active cooperation of the registrars they use (they may be all the same
people in fact) and they're not afraid to have their names exposed.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blogs.eweek.com/cheap_hack/
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry.seltzer () ziffdavisenterprise com