funsec mailing list archives

eBay and images

From: Noam Rathaus <noamr () beyondsecurity com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:30:36 +0300

Hi,

A lazy seller of hardware has been using our website's press images for his
own use, specifically our msn.gif, with his eBay selling page.

I wanted to consult you guys what would you guys do with that?

Here is one example:
http://cgi.ebay.it/2-CASSE-BOSE-ACOUSTIMASS-HI-FI-HOME-THEATRE-SURROUND_W0QQitemZ290134911094QQihZ019QQcategoryZ145737QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Beside using some obsene image I was thinking of putting a huge GIF file
saying, don't by shit from this guy, or even putting a JPEG instead of the
GIF (as it has better compression) with resolution higher than 1024x...

:)

--
Thanks,
Noam.