funsec mailing list archives

Re: Earthquake at MIT

From: "Åke Nordin" <polymorpevz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:05:29 +0200

On 9/24/07, Richard M. Smith <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:

http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/2007/09/24/a_20_year_old_technology_may_soon_protect_cellphones/

. . .

Kerberos, a 20-year-old computer security technology with MIT roots, is
about to be turbocharged for the mobile Internet era.

OK. Now i know what to do with all those gigabytes of phone
flash memory: the local cache part of the phone's AFS
filesystem, so I can access my leeched mp3's and pr0n
securely, efficiently and without issues wrt/synching all the
stuff i posssibly could fathom to consume when I'm away.

I like.

--
Åke Nordin Unix/net geek, Netia.se consultant, Stacken member.
Damian Conway: "The programmer is fighting against the two most