funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Let's Review: Fascist America, In 10 Easy Steps

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:40:07 -0500

On 9/23/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:26:31 CDT, Brian Loe said:
Being a fascist herself, Naomi should have a special insight into what
it takes... not that I disagree with her on this one.

But wait.. if I agree with Naomi, and Brian agrees... What's wrong with
this picture? ;)

You're safe.

Pretty sure that's not an original thought of Naomi's either... I just
can't find the list I've read before.

Has anyone here NOT read The Law by Bastiat?
(http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html) It describes the rise and fall of
civilization fairly well I think, even though it doesn't break it down
in 10 steps it describes it as a cyclical process which, apparently,
humans are incapable of preventing. And Bastiat wasn't a fascist like
Naomi so I'll stick with his ideas on the subject.