funsec mailing list archives

Re: What Happened to The 56 Men Who Signed the Declarationof Independence ?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:39:17 -0500

On 7/7/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

Please re-read Article 5 of the US Constitution, and point out where the
President has anything to do with amendments.  That's reserved to Congress
and the various state legislatures (and presumably Dick Cheney in his
not-an-executive-branch role).

Dick Cheney is the President of the Senate. So, yeah, he'd have a
little something to do with it.

"Lincoln freed the slaves" is right up there with "Al Gore invented the
Internet", for basically the same reasons.  In both cases, they merely acted
as enablers for somebody *else* to actually do it.

While I technically agree with you, I don't see where Al Gore even
enabled it - the "Internet" having already been born while Gore Jr.
was still taking limousine rides to grammar school.