funsec mailing list archives

Re: Massachusetts wants to put in a vast license plate scanning network

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:32:06 -0400

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:39:06 CDT, Gadi Evron said:
more like per month, if we are very lucky

You chose the wrong place to live.  Some of us live a whole whopping 4
miles from work (and 3 of that is driving across campus).  4 stop lights
if I go one way, 2 if I take a somewhat longer detour around town.

Oh, and 3/4 of a mile further down my road the other way, it hits a National
Forest.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=37.237162,-80.453568&spn=0.107693,0.195694&t=h&z=13&om=1

Office is just south of the airport, campus is basically from the airport
to Prices Fork Road, and I live about halfway between Prices Fork and the
big green mass (Jefferson National Forest) across the top of the map.

And this weekend, I'll be at the largest Boy Scout reservation east of the
Mississippi, all of a 25 mile drive...

(And people wonder why I'm rarely seen in DC and other similar places ;)