funsec mailing list archives

Re: On Wikipedia, Debating 2008 Hopefuls' Every Facet

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:06:28 -0800

Free speech doesn't include slander or libel, so you have to have some controls.

"In our society, you can state your views, but they have to be correct."

- Ernie Hai, coordinator of the Singapore Government Internet Project

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err. It passes my
comprehension how human beings, be they ever so experienced and able, can
delight in depriving other human beings of that precious right."

- Mahatma Gandhi, (1869-1948)

"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably
precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence
never to practice either of them."

- Mark Twain

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
In reality, thanks to the fractal nature of the universe, this
means that those ragged edges are infinite [...] or, if not
infinite, then at least so close to it that Infinity can be seen
on a clear day.               - `Interesting Times,' Terry Pratchett
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm