funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: chewing your coffee

From: Andy Sutton <newslists () pessimists net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:52:18 -0500

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 15:29 -0400, jason () killerinterviews com wrote:
You sound like another former artilleryman.

Nope, just a ground-pounder with a childlike delight in all things that
go boom.

There's nothing in the world like seeing 144mm rounds hit the target
on a direct-fire mission.

Except the whoop, whoop sound of them going over your head.

Were you towed or self-propelled?  The worst thing about being on a
cannon crew is what you become if your cannon should be disabled.
(...heh, Infantry!)  :)

I would have been totally there for ya, but it might cost you some
cherry-nut cake or a cookie bar with PB.
--
- Andy

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
but in getting up every time we do.
 - Confucius