funsec mailing list archives

In memory of Michael Lowery

From: ge () linuxbox org
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 18:01:17 -0500

It is not every day that a member of our community passes away,
especially not in such a fashion.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070528-9999-1m28pubsafe.html

I feel very badly, and hope the family gets through this without
unnecessary difficulties on top of what they already have to face. :(

"I'm sorry" doesn't really cut it and I feel uncomfortable saying it. I
am honoured to quote this blog post by Randy Abrams of ESET, Michael's
co-worker and friend, instead:

http://eset.com/threat-center/blog/?p=63

    Not Your Typical Security Blog

    Sometimes you just have to take a step back and appreciate what
    really matters. Security is important. The problems we face are
    enormous and can cost a lot of money to deal with . even more if
    not dealt with correctly. But for all that, there is something
    much more valuable . our friends.

    We at ESET mourn the loss of one of our friends who passed
    away on Memorial Day Weekend. Mike Lowery was our Training
    Manager. A highly talented and skilled individual, Mike
    possessed a smile and heart that warmed all - he was the
    consummate professional and friend.

    The measure of our loss is equal to the blessings we
    received in knowing and working with Mike.

    As we continue our work at ESET we will all endeavor
    to honor his memory by making ESET the best company
    we possibly can. Great work, great fun, and great
    kindness are the attributes to which we at ESET can
    best aspire in order to honor the memory of our dear
    friend.

        Randy Abrams
            Friend of Michael Lowery

Gadi Evron.